Add Audio CD
The Add Audio CD Wizard catalogues regular Audio CD's. The wizard is able to download track information automatically from Internet sources.
Using the Add Audio CD wizard
Start the Add Audio CD wizard by any of the methods below:
- Click File > Add Music > Add Audio CD from the main menu.
- Press Shift + CTRL + Insert on your keyboard.
Follow the steps below to add an Audio CD to the database:
- Select your prefered Audio-CD drive from the topmost drop-down. Generally this will only need to be changed for systems with multiple CD/DVD drives.
- If you want to let the tool download track information for your tracks automatically, leave the Add Audio-CD using a download plug-in option enabled. If you want to manually modify track information, select the Enter data manually option.
- Optionally select a Library and Volume by clicking the Select button.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you keep all the Audio CDs in your Helium Music Manager library in a separate Volume.
- Click the Next button when you are ready to go to the next step.
- If you have chosen to download information using a plug-in, the dialog will now show:
- A result dialog (or fuzzy matches dialog) showing multiple potential matches. Select the correct match and click OK.
- A result dialog, specifying the correct tracks.
- A "no match" dialog, informing you that the Audio CD was not found using the selected plug-in. Please try a different plug-in or enter data manually.
- The downloaded information is shown in spreadsheet layout and can be edited before it is saved. You can read more about the different controls available in the spreadsheet editor in the Tag Editor help section.
- When you are finished editing the tracks, click the Finish button to save this record to the database.
- Optionally browse for an album picture by clicking the Browse button and select an album picture.
- Additional plug-ins can be downloaded from the Helium Music Manager web site.