Batch tagging actions
Helium Music Manager comes with an Action manager which is a tool that allows the user to perform single or multiple tasks on a batch of files and therefore will help you to optimize your workflow.
Actions can be saved to templates, created with the built-in template editor, which allows the user to reuse and execute prior defined actions with just a single click.
The action manager is easy to use, just;
- Select one or more files that you want to do something with and launch the Action manager from the Advanced > Actions > Edit actions menu option.
- Add one or more action that you want to execute on the selected files (click the Add button).
There are multiple actions available which can be used in the same batch:
Click OK once you have chosen and configured an action.
- Add/modify tag-field
- Remove tag-field
- Remove specific tags
- Remove all tags
- Format tag-fields using capitalizer rules
- Switch tag-fields
- Copy ID3v2 tag-fields to ID3v1 tag-fields
- Copy ID3v1 tag-fields to ID3v2 tag-fields
- Copy specific tag-field
- Append text to tag-field
- Replace text in tag-field
- Calculate Beats Per Minute (BPM)
- Calculate MusicBrainz PUID
- Append text to tag-field from tag-field
- Calculate AcoustID
- Download artist information
- Click the Run button to perform the task(s) on the selected files.
Nice to know
- You can perform as many actions as you'd like on your selection of files. Just click the Add button to add more actions.
- You can save your action(s) to be able to re-use them later on. Just hit the Save button and type a name for your template and click OK.
The template will show up under the Advanced > Actions menu for easy access.