Helium Music Manager supports all standard file functions that are available in Windows Explorer. You can easily Copy, Move, Delete and Rename files.
Copying, moving and deleting files
The tasks for copying, moving and deleting files are quite similar.
- Browse for one or more music files and select them.
- Click on File > Send To from the main menu and choose one of the following options:
- Folder (Copy)
- Folder (Move)
- Recycle Bin (Remove)
- When deleting files from the Album view, Artist view and the Music Explorer will get the option to either remove the file from the library, or in addition, to also remove it from your computer.
- When deleting files from the a Playlist you will get the option to either remove the file from the playlist, or in addition to also remove it from your library.
You can rename files from the Quick Tag Editor or by selecting them from the track list and pressing F2.
- The file extension (e.g. mp3, ogg, wma, flac) is always removed from the filename for easier renaming.
- You can let Helium Music Manager automatically rename your files based on the tags, using the File Rename Wizard.