Helium Music Manager 8.6 RC has arrived!
A release candidate version (RC) of Helium Music Manager 8.6 is now available.
This version contains no new features compared to the earlier versions, instead the focus has been laid on stability.
Thanks to our new auto-reporting system we have been able to identify and correct many problems, which are included in this release.
Click here to read more about the auto-reporting system.
In short, the bug fixes relates to the following major sections:
- Various corrections in the Music Browser, mainly related to SQL Server Compact databases
- Corrections for the start and genre pages in the Music Browser so that the new genre types are used properly when displaying data
- Corrections to the album handling used during an Add files operation, mainly related to SQL Server Compact databases
- Improvements for the send to Plays for sure/MTP device function which did not work on some devices
- Corrections to the filters to that the new genre fields are always used
- Improvements and corrections to the web service when working with an SQL Server Compact database
- Bugfixes when removing a genre category from the Manage genres tool
- Improvements and bug corrections to the search in the Music Browser which could return too few tracks
- Verifying that Helium Music Manager 8.6 works properly with SQL Server Express 2012
- Bug corrections related to multiple WMA artists
- Updates to the Swedish language
We strongly recommend all users that have used any of the previous Helium Music Manager 8.6 beta versions earlier to upgrade to this version since it contains many bug corrections and minor improvements.
Click here to download Helium Music Manager 8.6 RC.
Helium Music Streamer beta also available
For those of you that also run the Helium Music Streamer, there is a release candidate version of next release (1.7) available for this product too, in the Customer Center. Helium Music Streamer 1.7 is only compatible with databases updated to Helium Music Manager 8.6.
News in version 1.7 are listed below:
- Language support; Swedish and German are shipped with the default installation apart from English. Please contact us if you want to help to translate into other languages (free version of Helium Music Streamer is given to those who help).
- Add to playlist support; All tracklists now have a toolbar action where you can add selected tracks to existing playlists.
- Multiple selections in Play queue; It's now easier to handle the play queue since you can select multiple tracks at once to perform actions on.
- Multiple selections under Paths view; Checkboxes are also added to the Paths view, allowing for easier adding of tracks to play queue or playlists.
- New web service; It's now possible to use the Helium Music Streamer as a web service apart from Helium Music Manager. This allows easier setup for the Helium Music Streamer for iOS since the Helium Music Streamers web service will auto start with the computer. The web service is compatible with all methods that the Helium Music Manager supports, except the player related features (play, pause, stop, currently playing track information etc) of course. The web service in Helium Music Streamer enabled by default and is accessed from Helium Music Streamer for iOS in the exact same way as the Helium Web Service (IP address and port).
Helium Music Streamer 1.7 RC is available for download in the Customer Center.