MP3 Analyzer - fix and repair mp3 errors
The Audio analyzer in Helium Music Manager is used for checking the quality of your MP3 and FLAC files. It can then be used to repair broken MP3 files.
Using the Audio analyzer
Select the files that you would like to analyze from the track list and start the MP3 Analyzer using any of the methods below:
- Click the Tools > Analyze audio files... from the main menu.
- Right click on the selected files and click the Tools > Analyze audio files... menu item.
- Click CTRL+M
The Audio analyzer will automatically scan all selected files on start-up. When the analysis is done, the items in the file list will have their background color set according to the calculated quality;
- Files without errors will be shown with a light green background
- Files with errors will be shown with a light red background
You can use the player controls at the bottom to play your music files. This can be useful when trying to listen to errors detected by the MP3 Analyzer.
For files that have been identified as having errors, you can fix these errors by clicking the Fix errors button on the toolbar.
Helium Music Manager will now automatically try to repair your files.
Viewing details & Bitrate Distribution
To view Details about errors and other related information and also Bitrate Distribution, enable the Details pane by clicking the rightmost button on the toolbar.
The following functions are available under the Advanced menu:
- Click the Apply Quality Result to Tags menu item to apply the calculated quality to the selected files tags.
- Click the Remove Bad Leading Bytes menu item to remove the erroneous leading bytes from the selected files.
- Click the Correct VBR Header menu item to correct an incorrect or missing VBR header on the selected files.
- Click the Remove Attached Pictures menu item to remove possibly incorrectly written attached pictures from the selected files tags.
- Click the Remove APEv2 Tag menu item to remove bad APEv2 tags from the selected files.
- Under the Save report menu item there are a few options available:
- Save all Reports lets you save individual reports for all files in the list.
- Save Report lets you save the report shown in the right pane to a file of you choice.
- Save bad files to Text File lets you save a simple report with all files that has a Poor quality.
- Click the Copy Selected Files menu item to copy the selected files to a folder of your choice.
- Click the Move Selected Files menu item to move the selected files to a folder of your choice.
- Click the Delete menu item to remove the selected files.