The Music Browser is where you can browse your music collection, find relationships between artists and download information for your music collection; like biographies, discographies and relations for artists both in and not currently in your collection.
Using the Music Browser
Navigate to the Music Browser by clicking any of the options below:
- Click the View > Views > Music Browser menu option.
- Press F12 on your keyboard.
- Click one of the Browse & Search > Music Browser menu options.
The Music Browser main menu
Some items in the main menu are unique for the Music Browser and are explained below.
- Edit Artist Information will open the Edit Artist Information tool. (Available only when an artist page is active)
- Edit Discography will open the Edit Discography tool. (Available only when an artist page is active)
- Edit Album Review will open the Edit Album Review tool. (Available only when an album page is active)
- Edit Album Tags will open the Tag Editor (Advanced) with all files from the active album. (Available only when an album page is active)
- Edit Publisher Profile will open the Edit Publisher Profile tool. (Available only when a publisher page is active)
- Edit Genre Definition will open the Edit Genre Defintion tool. (Available only when a genre page is active)
Browse & Search menu:
- Suggest an artist will open a random artist page in the Music Browser.
- Suggest an album will open a random album page in the Music Browser.
The Music Browser toolbar
To navigate through the Music Browser there are some buttons on the main toolbar.
- Click the Back button to go to the previous page.
- Click the Forward button to go to the next page.
- Click the Refresh button to refresh the current page.
- Click the Home button to go to the Music Browser start page.
Music Browser pages
There are several different page types in the Music Browser. They can be accessed through the search panel and via links in the different pages. The page types are as follows (click on a page type to learn more about that page type):
- Start page
This is the start page of the Music Browser, it contains database statistics and spotlights on a randomly chosen artist and album.
- Search Result page
This page displays the search results.
- Artist page
This page contains information about the artist, such as biography, discography and artist relations.
- Album page
This page contains information about the album, and lists the music tracks in the album.
- Genre page
This page contains information about the genre and lists major artists that have music tracks in that genre.
- Genre Style page
This page contains information about the style and lists genres in this style.
- Genre Category page
This page contains information about the category and lists styles and genres in this category.
- Publisher page
This page contains information about the publisher and lists major artists from that publisher.
- Year page
This page shows major artists who had music tracks released in that year.
- Country page
This page lists artists and publishers from that country.
- Chart/statistics pages
Different types of charts and statistics will be listed on these pages
- Discover artist page
This page enables you to browse between similar artists related to a specific artist in a clean and quick way. This is an optimal way to discover your music collection and find artist/groups you have forgotten or did not know you had.
- Discover tracks page
This page is similar to the Discover artist page, but works with tracks instead of artists.