Wrong content inside Content page (while use search)

Discussion in 'Helium Music Manager Bug discussion' started by MusicJunkie, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Member

The following text refers to version 8.4.0.10293

For the following steps I will use fresh installed HMM and import only one folder with 42 files.

After fresh start of HMM I will navigate to the folder under "Library Folders". On the right view I see all my 42 files:

1.jpg

Now lets search for artist of the 7. track "Generation In Love":

2.jpg

Ok, it was not very useful, because my demo-library is "empty":

3.jpg

Now let's go to the folder of the file to the "Music-Explorer":

4.jpg

Now we are back to the previous view:

5.jpg

Let's click on the "Search" icon on the top of the screen:

3.jpg

OK, and now back to the "Music Explorer" with another icon on the top of the screen:

6.jpg

:eek: WAIT A SEC, where are another 41 files? Gone? :confused:

No, they are here. Just click on another directory in Music Explorer and then back to out directory.

This is the fastest way to reproduce this bug. It existed in version 7.X to. Only today I have found easy way to reproduce it. (OK, and time to reproduce and report it)
  2. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Member

Now I understand, why rename of folders sometimes don't work to. :eek:

If all steps from above are completed, something another is broken to. (maybe the Cache)
    • Why? Try to rename one of the folders in "Music Explorer".
    • The renamed folder will be renamed on HDD, but not in the "Music Explorer". (remain with old name)
    • If you click on the old named folder, then no files are shown on the right list control.
    • F5 or Ctrl+5 are not working in "Music Exolorer".
    • This mean, only restart of HMM solve this display error.
    And another bug going to the same effect:
    • Every Import, after the above steps, bring the structure not be updated.
    • This mean new folders will be imported, but the structure will not be show the new folders.
    • Restart solve this problem to.
  3. kablex

kablex Member

.... yep came up against that prob, think its to do with Helium not refreshing. ctrl F5 to refresh should bring back the 'missing' files.
  4. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Member

If you mean the 41 files, then may be. Not tried yet. But it don't work for folders in "Music Explorer". Something is completely dead and can't be resuscitated.
  5. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Member

Reproduced in Version 8.5.10460.
  6. Fredrik Heidgert

Fredrik Heidgert Administrator Staff Member

We have been able to reproduce the first issue (the tracklist stays with the search results after switching to Music Library). We will look into this.

We will continue to look into the other issue, if there is more information to give, please let us know (e.g. is this problem with renaming only related to doing the searches on top of this post first?).
  7. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Member

Yes. ;)
  8. Fredrik Heidgert

Excellent. I just did some more digging into this and was able to replicate that bug also. We're on it.
  9. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Member

Thanks for the Info! :D
  10. Fredrik Heidgert

We have been able to resolve these issues and have test versions to provide for those who want to verify the fixes.